Trolls, goblins, dwarves, and elves all roast – or threaten to – in The Hobbit.
- 02.046 He took a big bite off a sheep’s leg he was roasting,
- 02.047 quite likely to try roasted dwarf,
- 02.080 arguing whether they should roast them slowly,
- 02.081 The trolls had just decided to roast the dwarves now
- 02.082 “No good roasting ’em now,
- 02.108 listening to the trolls making plans for roasting them
- 04.036 and wolves being roasted slowly alive together
- 06.074 Roast ’em alive, or stew them in a pot;
- 06.075 or you will get roasted
- 06.078 Bake and toast ’em, fry and roast ’em!
- 06.099 and making a fine roasting smell.
- 08.007 But when they roasted it,
- 08.059 The smell of the roast meats