A graph of the frequency of words based on chance, fate, fortune, and luck may be found here. “Fortune” occurs most frequently as “fortunately”.
- 2.030 Fortunately the road went over an ancient stone bridge,
- 5.004 nor fortunately had the goblins noticed it,
- 5.034 Fortunately he had once heard something rather like this before,
- 5.039 Unfortunately for Gollum
- 7.022 nor rug, cape, tippet, muff, nor any other such unfortunate word!
- 8.108 fortunately on to leaves,
- 8.145 he began to wonder what had become of his unfortunate friends.
- 9.030 and fortunately not far from the cellars.
- 10.003 that he was very fortunate
- 12.079 It was an unfortunate remark,
- 16.026 which fortunately I believe I have kept.’
- 18.031 May it bring good fortune to all his folk that dwell here after!’