In case you are researching all forms of tea in The Hobbit, I’ve included tea-time here as well as in its own, uncommon, entry. There is no instance of tea-pot or tea-kettle joined thus into single words by hyphen.
- 01.021 But please come to tea –
- 01.022 What on earth did I ask him to tea for!’
- 01.024 Gandalf Tea Wednesday.
- 01.025 Just before tea-time
- 01.028 he added: ‘I am just about to take tea;
- 01.034 and have some tea!’
- 01.051 Tea!
- 01.098 here this Wednesday tea-time.’
- 02.029 It was after tea-time;
- 03.010 Tea-time had long gone by,
- 07.001 nor tea nor toast nor bacon for his breakfast,
- 18.040 Tea is at four;