Well, Word Fans, sometimes it’s the integumentary organ, sometimes it’s just that used to carry potable liquid. Be careful when counting it as a food word.
- 02.059 “not when he was skinned
- 02.080 and his skin torn,
- 05.016 The hobbit jumped nearly out of his skin
- 05.087 in a pouch next his skin,
- 06.078 till hair smells and skins crack,
- 06.099 he was not much good at skinning rabbits
- 07.021 when he doesn’t turn their skins into squirrels?’ asked Bilbo.
- 07.022 He changes his skin:
- 07.126 I will provide you with skins for carrying water,
- 08.008 and filled some of their emptied skins at its bank.
- 08.082 What nasty thick skins they have to be sure,
- 08.110 and skin hanging on a tree.
- 12.081 right down to the skin.
“skin, n.” OED Online. Oxford University Press, June 2016. Web. 28 June 2016.