The first time we encountered this word, it applied to a tactile sensation, not gustatory, so I skimmed right past it, but now – bitterness we can taste. That’s a food word to me!
- 04.002 It was getting bitter cold up here,
- 12.020 in size but provided with a bitter sword
- 12.070 that your success has made you some bitter enemies?’
- 13.051 A bitter easterly breeze blew with a threat of oncoming winter.
- 14.034 and bitter words were shouted from many sides;
- 14.038 for the night was bitter
- 17.050 and bitter.
- 18.018 This is a bitter adventure,