“Tooks” and “Took’s” were automatically flagged as uncommon – I have found all of the instances of “Took” the family name as well (which our filter though was the quite common past participle of “take”).
- 01.004 was the famous Belladonna Took,
- 01.004 one of the three remarkable daughters of the Old Took
- 01.004 that long ago one of the Took ancestors must have taken a fairy wife.
- 01.004 that the Tooks were not as respectable as the Bagginses,
- 01.005 Not that Belladonna Took ever had any adventures
- 01.005 got something a bit queer in his make-up from the Took side,
- 01.006 not since his friend the Old Took died,
- 01.016 to be good-morninged by Belladonna Took’s son,
- 01.017 that gave Old Took a pair of magic diamond studs
- 01.017 Old Took used to have them on Midsummer’s Eve.
- 01.018 Indeed for your old grandfather Took’s sake,
- 01.083 Then something Tookish woke up inside him,
- 01.094 even to Old Took’s great-grand-uncle Bullroarer,
- 01.096 The Took side had won.
- 01.097 I had a great-great-great-grand-uncle once, Bullroarer Took, and –
- 01.119 but so far still Tookishly determined to go on with things.
- 01.142 The Tookishness was wearing off,
- 06.030 at Old Took’s midsummer-eve parties,
- 06.050 (on the Took side)
- 12.009 said the least Tookish part of him.
- 17.060 (with the more Tookish part of his mind)
- 18.054 The Tookish part was getting very tired,
- 19.038 except by his nephews xx and nieces on the Took side,